
Sew…. The other day I mentioned I was making a pillow as a birthday gift. Well, the pillow turned out great! It really came together nicely and the recipient was delighted… that’s what sewing is all about for me. Actually that is what any craft is about… making something special for someone. A couple of months after mom passed away, we were “cleaning” out house and I was surprised at how many of my craft projects mom had received. Lots of ceramics and stuff. It was nice to see that she kept them all these years. She even had my first ceramic project I did in high school! Now it’s close to being considered an antique... ha, ha. Anyway, here’s a photo of the front of the pillow I made. Of course, I forgot to take a photo of the finished pillow, but I did remember to take one while I was making it. Lately I’ve seriously been considering selling some select sewing projects (like doll clothes, cloth gift bags, and pillows-stuff that is easy to make) for sale on the internet. The Idea being to make some extra money… particularly since they are talking at work about going to 4/10’s and closing down City Hall on Fridays to save on utility costs. So, given this economy, do you think this is a good idea?

Yes. Good idea. Do you know which venue you will use? Ebay or Etsy? Have you been on Etsy yet? A crafter's selling place.
ReplyDeleteIt's a cat right? Cute.
ReplyDelete