
When I asked Autumn if she wanted an American Girl Doll or a Wii for Christmas, I fully expected her to say she wanted a Wii. But, she said she really wanted the doll – Julie from the historical doll collection. Julie is from the 1970’s—and no, I did not prompt her to choose that doll—but I did explain to her that Mommy grew up in the 70’s. So I got busy and looked on the internet. After I picked myself up off the floor after seeing the prices for the doll and accessories, I knew we could only afford the doll—no accessories! So, I asked Grandpa to make a “locker” like the one from the internet and I got busy sewing doll clothes. I got some terrific patterns from the fabric store, and Christmas morning, there was the doll cabinet, and lots of packages containing some really cute outfits—if I do say so myself! I had so much fun sewing the doll clothes, that after Christmas, while we both were on “Winter Break” I made at last a dozen more outfits… I even made quite a few outfits for her friends, who got the “generic” dolls from Walmart. Autumn also got a generic 18” doll, which Grandpa used to gauge the scale of the cabinet. So, she has two dolls and I think I have more fun with them that she does. Here are some photos of a couple of the outfits.

You do such a great job as a seamstress Carrie! Very wonderful to be able to make such cute things for your daughter! ( I figured out how to be a follower. Yipee!)
ReplyDelete