Friday, March 19, 2010

Watchin’ Supernanny

I love the Supernanny! She does a great job of teaching parents how to be parents! In only one hour she has those parents living up to their responsibilities and doing what they are supposed to do, so that the kids have the boundaries they need in order to behave properly. The fun part of the show for me, however, is when my 8-year-old daugter, Autumn, watches the show. I think it is so funny when her behavior improves after watching an episode of Supernanny. I guess it makes her feel guilty. I remember one time she asked me if she behaved like that (like the kids on the show) when she was little. I replied that sometimes she did, especially when I told her she couldn’t do something, but that for the most part she is a good kid. The weird part is that she will watch the show voluntarily. She knows what channel and when it comes on, so if there is nothing else she wants to watch, she will turn in to the Supernanny show. She even hums the theme song! I’m hoping that means she is learning how to have good behavior, but in the back of my mind is the fear that she is just learning how to “physic” me out and make me think she’s a terrific kid, when in reality, she manipulating me to get her own way. Okay, no more nanny shows!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Na, your a great mom and if she can learn how to behave even better by watching naughty children, and parents for that matter, reform, I say let her watch! ;o)

    (Had to reword this so it got deleted)

    ReplyDelete